MAY 2018 Public meeting recap
- FLDC distributed: 7,500,000 FLDC
- FLDC statistics: http://foldingcoin.xyz/?token=FLDC&total=7500000&start=2018-04-01&end=2018-05-01
- FAH total points this month: 54,850,290,253
- FAH total points All-Time: 504,294,432,039
- FLDC per FAH point: 0.00013674
- FLDC distribution address: 1P17gg3fZ6Cao7FFbeiTc72NX5pvTpYsaY
- BTC used to distribute: 0.2713165 BTC
- Total FLDC Folders: 1,299
- Average FAH points per Folder: 42,225,011
- Robert Ross - Administrator, FoldingCoin
- Bill Beard - Director, FoldingCoin
- Jeff Moreland - .NET Software Dev, FoldingCoin
- Kyle Johnson - Community Management, Curecoin
- George Tomaras - Community Manager, FoldingCoin
- Helene Unland - Social Media, FoldingCoin
Please watch the meeting in its entirety on YouTube at the following link:
- We have been moving the documents over to Office 365 and will migrate soon. Hunter got us some good deals with Microsoft nonprofit pricing, and the benefits of security and reliability for moving to office are impartative now that we have a bigger team. Microsoft is giving us $5,000 in Azure credits for when we are able to deploy the servers.
- We are now looking again for a banking solution, as no traditional banks will accept us. The bank account we had needed to be closed. We used the funds for future web services, Law firm retainer, and 3mill PPD on Folding Equipment. The folding equipment will earn the foldingCoin organization some FLDC income. We will also be using HFM.net to make the equipment public to help the community look at specific GPU results. We got a variety of cards to help everyone figure out what each card is getting production wise in a live environment. We have a 1050, 50ti, 60, 70, 70ti, and 1080 all running.
- For the time being, if we require USD purchases, we will do a redemption program with the FLDC developers and reimburse them in FLDC when they spend USD on their own credit cards.
- Merged Folding is being actively worked on by Tokenly. There are still some pending issues with it, most notably the BTC dust that is still required, and the Stats are not fully lining up. Please help us find any bugs by doing distributions at https://mergedfolding.net/
- Longtime Counterparty community member Droplister did the first Merged Folding distribution by distributing out CROPS for his game Bitcorn. You can find more information by going to https://bitcorns.com/map
- Robert, Jared, and Tyler meet with the Counterparty development team to talk about how FoldingCoin can help in getting CIP 6,10, and 15 pushed. These CIPs will help in batching transactions to save costs on distributions.
- Progress on the stats uploader work has accelerated. Matt and Levi are both reviewing and updating code in an attempt to wrap up development work. Miguel and Matt are working on the performance aspects of the downloader, working out some database performance issues.
- Miguel is making good progress on creating the stories for the new stats page work so that when the downloader work is complete we will just transition directly into that work.
- As it looks now we are still on track for a June delivery of the new stats page.
- Token Markets has been released and we are working on getting our store ready. By next month we will have available to the public a way to purchase FoldingCoin merchandise.
- Ubuntu 18.04 and new NVIDIA drivers were release this month. I have seen in the support channel that there are various issues, most notably with the new NVIDIA drivers, with your GPUs being stuck on ready when you do the update. If you did the update and are having this issue, please join the support channel and ask questions about it to help get your issue resolved.
- Released a white paper draft: https://curecoin.net/white-paper/
- Internal testing of the hardfork has been going very smooth
- Curecoin halving is on May 10th for folders
Folding Club Rewards
- FoldingCoin is giving $500 worth of FLDC each month to the rewards program
- Stats will be ready on Sunday
- For prizes we were thinking 5 winners ($100 - $80 - $60 - $40 - $20). Choose between CURE, FLDC or Amazon Gift card
Engage in our Communities
- FoldingCoin website https://foldingcoin.net/
- Curecoin website - http://curecoin.net/
- FoldingCoin Discord - https://discord.gg/j3f2KUK
- Curecoin Discord - https://discord.gg/sKZ4UVS
- FoldingCoin Twitter - https://twitter.com/FoldingCoin
- Curecoin Twitter - https://twitter.com/CureCoin_Team
- Download the FoldingBrowser to get started - https://github.com/Hou5e/FoldingBrowser/releases
- Advanced Tutorials - https://foldingcoin.net/index.php/tutorials