november 2018 Public meeting recap
- FLDC distributed: 7,750,000 FLDC
- FLDC statistics: https://mergedfolding.net/distribute/1HNDH1HNCk4MJkS3RdqekfHBUVG72S8HcV
- FAH total points this month: 37,959,137,370
- FAH total points All-Time: 779,668,996,022
- FLDC per FAH point: 0.00020416
- BTC used to distribute: 0.0575275 BTC
- Total FLDC Folders: 903
- Average FAH points per Folder: 42,036,697
- Robert Ross - Administrator, FoldingCoin
- Bill Beard - Director, FoldingCoin
- Jeff Moreland - .NET Developer, FoldingCoin
Please watch the meeting in its entirety on YouTube at the following link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiMsMnbiBbQ
- Robert is presenting at Blockchain in Healthcare East
- Bill and Miguel are going as well, have a booth on 11-13 and 11-14
- Roddenberry grant resulted in non-finalist selection.
- No feedback given as to why we didn’t match
- Echoing Green grant applied for, next stage will be determined late November
- Beginning stages of Draper Richards Kaplan grant started
- GoFundMe campaign in final review
- Paypal Funding account unblocked
- Donation site complete, now that we have Paypal it is unblocked as well
- Bill started Facebook fundraiser for FLDC
- $480 of a target $2000 has been collected
- Business feedback on the Folding Initiative is that they really have security concerns about running an application and don’t really understand folding
- PayPal has confirmed our charity status
- Access to a lower interchange fee
- Additional fundraising tools available
- Blocked on changing our donation website’s DNS
- Stats files had a change to the date-time format causing parsing failures
- A patch version v1.1.1 was created
Folding Club Rewards
- October / November raffle is running smoothly. 22 participants so far. Half of them new to the Club. Almost 60% of them from Europe. Subscribe until November 19 here https://1.shortstack.com/zs967B.
- In his effort to close a deal with physical or online stores to accept FLDC, George approached 10 stores in Cyprus and 106 in Greece. And we are proud to present the 1st store (other than our own) that accepts FLDC (among others). Check it out here https://www.softweb.gr/en/! This is a milestone we’ve been wanting to cross a long time now. Hope this marks the beginning of greater acceptance!
- Approached 2 stores in Kenya and London with the same agenda. No replies so far.
- After approaching many exchanges last month, the one that showed interest, came back with an offer. Unfortunately they ask for $30,000 (discounted price), so we had to decline.
- Approached twice 3 online magazines, asking if they would be willing to write an article about FLDC. No replies.
Engage in our Communities
- FoldingCoin website https://foldingcoin.net/
- Curecoin website - http://curecoin.net/
- FoldingCoin Discord - https://discord.gg/j3f2KUK
- Curecoin Discord - https://discord.gg/sKZ4UVS
- FoldingCoin Twitter - https://twitter.com/FoldingCoin
- Curecoin Twitter - https://twitter.com/CureCoin_Team
- Download the FoldingBrowser to get started - https://github.com/Hou5e/FoldingBrowser/releases
- Advanced Tutorials - https://foldingcoin.net/index.php/tutorials