january 2019 Public meeting recap
- FLDC distributed: 7,750,000 FLDC
- FLDC statistics: https://mergedfolding.net/distribute/198rVCKsKcoFmEsgwBBiDNhZvecA5zrXXq
- FAH total points this month: 31,827,075,468
- FAH total points All-Time: 848,306,681,878
- FLDC per FAH point: 0.00024350
- BTC used to distribute: 0.0503365 BTC
- Total FLDC Folders: 790
- Average FAH points per Folder: 40,287,437
- Robert Ross - Administrator, FoldingCoin
- Miguel Molina – CTO, FoldingCoin
- Helene Unland – Social Media, FoldingCoin
- Jeff Moreland - .NET Developer, FoldingCoin
- Ivan Tuma - Curecoin
Please watch the meeting in its entirety on YouTube at the following link:
- Our new acquaintances at Humber College Institute of Technology & Advanced Learning have reached out to Miguel to begin the process of doing a usability study on our website and installer to improve its ease of use. Miguel will keep you posted on the updates from that effort.
- We have moved on to the next phase of the Echoing Green grant, which will include more detailed information on our project and a video introduction (by myself and/or Robert) describing our vision and plan for growth. This next stage will be determined mid-January
- Draper Richards Kaplan grant applied resulted in non-selection.
- WeWork Creator Awards applied for, we have a good chance to be awarded here
- Bill has a meeting scheduled with the grant mentor in Mid-January
- Bill met with the CFO of a major healthcare organization to discuss the project and look for advice on partnering with research organizations. He will be following up on those leads in Mid-January.
- GoFundMe campaign is not doing well, only $85 has been collected and deposited in the bank.
- If there is anyone that is well versed in community outreach or campaign management, please feel free to volunteer to help with this. I can make you an administrator.
- Donation site is live – remember to spread the word in your channels.
- We are waiting for the Facebook fundraisers to be deposited into our account.
- We will employ a hybrid method of meetings and updates going forward.
- We will have public video meetings on the first of January, April, July, and October.
- Robert will provide monthly stats updates in the discord channel,
- Miguel will provide development updates in the discord channel,
- either George or Robert will provide monthly updates on community in the discord channel, and
- Bill will provide board and or administrative updates in the discord channel.
- Bill will also provide monthly updates to counterparty for everything.
- Bill will keep business development activities and meeting with grant resources and other financial funding candidates on an ongoing basis voluntarily.
- Miguel will continue to lead and monitor the development activity
- Robert will take a more active role in overall guidance and community management
- It is our goal to find funding and keep this project thriving and growing towards our prime goal of increasing the folding base and helping to find cures for cancer and Alzheimer's disease.
- Had discussions with Tokenly about 2019 plans and maintenance
- Tokenly will continue to maintain the XCP and MergedFolding servers
- Reached out to Kelly from Humber College and waiting for a response
- Hoping to get feedback from their usability lab to understand the troubles people have using FAH and FLDC
- Identifying if creating a capstone project is possible to provide real world experience for the students as well providing FoldingCoin with additional development and testing
- Ivans PowerPoint
Folding Club Rewards
- The bear market of December, coupled with the relocation of the CureCoin Project office to another space, did not allow us to launch a pre-Christmas contest. Ivan will settle everything in the new office and depending on the amount of donations received, we may launch another raffle in January.
- The 2 charities that showed interest to accept FLDC, put George on hold for the moment.
- Another 2 businesses showed interest, but there will be solid news on that by March 2019.
- Outreach to businesses that already accept crypto continues. To that end, a website plugin that automatically converts FLDC to BTC for online stores, could very much help us. If anyone on the community could create something pro-bono, we would love to hear from them.
Engage in our Communities
- FoldingCoin website https://foldingcoin.net/
- Curecoin website - http://curecoin.net/
- FoldingCoin Discord - https://discord.gg/j3f2KUK
- Curecoin Discord - https://discord.gg/sKZ4UVS
- FoldingCoin Twitter - https://twitter.com/FoldingCoin
- Curecoin Twitter - https://twitter.com/CureCoin_Team
- Download the FoldingBrowser to get started - https://github.com/Hou5e/FoldingBrowser/releases
- Advanced Tutorials - https://foldingcoin.net/index.php/tutorials